The castle of Skiathos
Built on a giant rock, it is located on the North side of the island, about 15 km from the country of Skiathos.
The Castle was founded in the 14th century, around 1360. Due to piracy, the Skiathians abandoned the Byzantine town, which is where the town of Skiathos is today, and built the medieval settlement of Kastro on the northern end of the island. As the fortress was inaccessible by the sea and accessed only by the mobile wooden bridge, it provided residents with relative protection.
The house of Papadiamantis
The great journalist was born in Skiathos on March 4, 1851 and died on January 2, 1911.
In his early years he worked as a translator for newspapers and magazines. At the same time he began writing his short stories, which made him famous. He also publishes novels such as "The Immigrant", "The Traders of the Nations" and "Gyftopoula".
Papadiamantis is the island's glory and pride. His home is on the main road near the port, and his bust is in front of Bourtzi's entrance, where his philosophical inscription is written.
Bourtzi is a small peninsula that divides the port of Skiathos in two and was once a fortress. The fort was founded by the Gizzi brothers, who occupied Skiathos in 1207. It was surrounded by battleships and warriors, and to the right and left of the gate had two round towers. The height of the wall, however, is impossible to determine from its present remnants.